1.1 Definition of Terms
● Tournament Administrator: Person in charge of your tournament
● Tournament’s platform: Website where you registered to join the tournament on
● Team: Group of players who compete in the tournament together as a unit. If the
tournament is played solo, a team or the captain refers to the player.
1.2 General Rules
● Every player must be registered on the tournament’s platform.
● Every player must read, understand and agree to the rules for participation in the
Players agree to and consent to these rules, as well as FRAG and Black Rock Esports
authority to enforce them, as a condition of their participation. Each player is therefore
expected and required to abide by the Rules, and any failure to follow them will result in
● Every player for the team must own a BYOC tickets before the tournament.
● Every player has to be physically present at FRAG to participate in any
● Every player must play with their main game account during the entire
tournament. No smurf /alt accounts will be allowed.
● Finals might be played on stage. If that’s the case, the teams are required to
move their set-ups.
● Every team must hold an appropriate name. Any team attempting to sign up for a
tournament with a name deemed unsuitable will be asked to create a new team
name in order to participate. Rules are subject to change by Tournament
Administrators at any given time if deemed necessary.
● Any Tournament Administrator decisions are final.
The tournament will run from November 17th to 19th 2023
One player per team, preferably the captain, must check in at the administration table
on Friday, November 17th 2023, before 10:00PM AST to confirm their attendance. Any
important additional information regarding the course of the tournament will be given at
● Tournament registration will close on Friday, November 17th 2023 at 10:00PM
● The tournament will start on Saturday, November 18th 2023 at 10:00AM AST. It
is your responsibility to reach the opponent’s captain with the information
provided on the tournament’s platform to start your games as soon as possible.
● There will be an initial meeting with all of the team captains and the TO to ensure
everyone is ready, and explain the schedule at 10AM AST ~ please be there
roughly 5 min beforehand.
● Each team is responsible to be aware of its schedule at all times and ready at the
scheduled time to play its game. If a team is not fully present and ready to play
10 minutes after the scheduled time, a penalty will be systematically applied to
the said team. This can and will lead to removal from the tournament for
● The schedule has to be respected. Changes to the schedule are at the discretion
of the Tournament Administrators and will be announced to the players.
2. Team Roster
2.1 Team Captain
Each team must have a designated captain. The captain is the link between the
organizers, administrators and his team before, during and after the event.
● The captain must be a member of the team.
● The captain must check-in their team on Friday to the Tournament
● The captain has to give their team ranking average at the admin desk when
checking-in on Friday to the Tournament Administrators. (This is to assist with
● The captain has to report their team matches to the Tournament Administrators
after each game.
● The captain has to contact other captains during the tournament to coordinate
the next game that has to be played.
● The captain has to be reachable all time during the tournament’s hours.
● The captain has to frequently communicate with Tournament Admin to be aware
of any announcement made by the Tournament Administrators.
● The captain will be the spokesperson of the team in case of a dispute.
2.2 Streaming / Spectators
Streaming is allowed with a delay set to a minimum of 3 minutes unless mentioned
otherwise by a Tournament Administrator.
● In-Game spectators are not allowed at the exception of the allowed FRAG and
Black Rock Esports staff.
● Official Black Rock Esports streamers are allowed to spectate any game at any
● In the case of your game being streamed on the official stream – please allow a
couple of minutes for the Black Rock Esports streamer to join the lobby
*Any disputes must be brought up to a Tournament Administrator as soon as possible.
3.1 Tournament Rules
● All games are played in captains mode.
● Round robin BO1 games must have automatic (coin-toss) selection for first pick.
● Playoffs BO3 games must have automatic (coin-toss) selection for first pick.
● Should a player drop during a game before first blood (e.g. disconnected due to
technical problems), then the game is either paused until they reconnect or the
map is restarted with the same picks and bans. In any other cases, the team can
use the pause option for a maximal duration of 10 minutes; the team must
continue the game 4v5 while their player reconnects.
● Should a player drop during pick phase the game should be paused after which
● teams can negotiate to restart the pick phase or wait for the player to reconnect.
3.1.1 Banned Skins
No skins are banned for this tournament. However, skin mods such as Dota 2 Skin
Changer are not permitted.
3.2 Tournament Format
When a match ends, the team captain from each team must come up to the desk to
report to the Tournament Administrator the match outcome. Following confirmation,
your next match will be displayed on the tournament’s platform.
● During the group stage, if a team is not fully present in the lobby 10 minutes after
the scheduled time, their match will be automatically forfeit.
● Any matches that started after the scheduled time will be discarded. Proofs
showing the current time must be presented immediately to the Tournament
Administrators for confirmation.
● During the playoffs, if a team is not fully present in the lobby 10 minutes after the
scheduled time, they will lose the first Bo3 match. If after 30 minutes from the
scheduled time of the first match the team doesn’t show, the series will be
forfeited to the team present. Proofs showing the current time must be presented
immediately to theTournament Administrators for confirmation.
● Each round of BO3 must be played one after the other. No break will be allowed
between the rounds.
● You may challenge scoring to the Tournament Administrators. Procedures and
decisions are at the discretion of the Tournament Administrators. Any delay must
be immediately reported to a Tournament Administrator.
3.3 Technical Issues
● For any valid reasons (disconnection, lag, equipment issues, dispute), each team
is allowed to pause the game for a maximum duration of 10 minutes. "Strategic"
breaks are not allowed.
● Teams that requested a pause need to announce the reason before or
immediately after pause.
● Custom game hosts/moderators/players have to pause the game immediately
when steam requests it in chat.
● When resuming the game from pause, both teams need to confirm that they are
ready to continue.
● If the total pause time of 10 minutes runs out, the game has to be resumed, no
matter if the issue got fixed or not. If one team refuses to resume the game, the
opposing team will receive a default win.
● Tournament Administrators hold the right to request teams to pause during the
match incase of any other issues, and the time used to pause the match will not
count for the team it was requested to.
● Tournament Administrators hold the right to make the final call in regards to a
pause. Any proven false claim of an issue in order to benefit a team will result in
a sanction at the discretion of the Tournament Administrators.
4. Tournament format
● The tournament format will be a single elimination bracket that will be seeded
based on poles of round robins.
● Your pool for round robin will be based on the average rank of your team that
needs to be provided to the TO’s when registering at the event
● The team that hosts the lobby will be the higher seeded team
● All games in bracket will be best of 3
● Finals and Grand finals will be best of 3 with no bracket reset
These formats may change depending on time and the amount of players
5. Code of conduct
All players are expected to exhibit good sportsmanship and maintain respect for one
another, players, visitors and Frag and Black Rock Esports staff. They are to treat
others as they themselves would like to be treated. Any behavior that is considered to
be inappropriate and in violation of the code of conduct includes, but is not limited to,
● Non-fair-play behavior, physical or verbal abuse towards players, staff, or any
● Acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or
undermine the legitimate operation of the Tournament, or to annoy, abuse,
threaten or harass any other person
● Engaging in collusion, which is any agreement between two or more teams or
players on different teams to predetermine the outcome of a game.
● Hacking, exploiting, the use of any kind of cheating device and/or cheat
programs, or any similar cheating method.
● Intentionally using any in-game bugs or so-called “hacks” to seek an advantage.
● Cheating, manipulating game files, using unapproved game modifications, or any
other method by which one may gain an unfair advantage over another player.
● Drugs, alcohol, illegal substances, illegal activities and gambling are strictly
prohibited on-site. Players on the effects of drugs, alcohol or illegal substances
may be removed from the tournament and/or the Frag event.
● Engaging in violence or any activity which is deemed in the judgment of the
Tournament Administrators to be immoral, unethical, disgraceful, or contrary to
common standards of decency.
● Touching or otherwise interfering with lights, cameras or other studio equipment.
● You must inform a tournament administrator if you witness an inappropriate or
suspicious behavior as soon as possible. Picture (screenshots) proof or video
(screen recording) proof are highly recommended to facilitate the resolution of
the problem. Any player who violates these rules may be disqualified or
sanctioned. Warnings and sanctions may lead to the immediate disqualification
and removal of the player and his team from the tournament and/or the Frag
event. This decision will be at the discretion of Frag. You can talk to your
Tournament Administrator if you see any improper or suspicious behavior